John March – AV Media Consultant and Producer, Sound Mixer, Sound Designer and Social activist.
For the last 40 years I have been working freelance as an audio craftsman/technologist, Producer and A/V technology consultant, as well as a session musician, in multiple areas of expertise and development, and I am currently focused entirely on creating opportunities that utilize my aggregate skill-sets and diverse professional experience to help solve problems that serve the greater good, and supports the community.
As an Audio and Video craftsman and Producer, I am able to solve complex problems and function as a liaison between fiscal, technical, logistical and creative team members. My specialties include advanced creative problem solving and consulting, team building and production methodology, and utilizing cutting-edge and evolving technologies. I also have extensive experience in Post production for Music, Audio and Video, Haptic design, New Media, VR/AR as well as traditional Production and Post production workflow and methodology. My top priority is always to bring out the best in the people I work with, in order to create the best possible end product.
In Collaboration with ALOC Media, as a Senior Producer and consultant, I am focused on creating affordable high quality media and content for Non-profits, educational institutions, artists and entrepreneurs.
Aside from my works as a Producer, mixer and artist I am developing two projects: 1) A short film about the re-imagining of how money works and the development of Altruistic Capitalism. 2) Developing resources and partners to help create and establish sustainable/affordable housing and health and human services for aging musicians and artists who have lived a Life of Art, but who are outside the social services norm, and not being supported by the status quo.
Local Artists, Non-profits and Charitable organizations:
Producer, consultant and Project manager for Luke Comer and the Arise Music Festival and multiple other projects.
Colorado Music Hall of Fame – Producer, writer, editor, composer, sound designer and mixer multiple Documentary short films.
Producer for Musician Mark Oblinger Videos and Live at The Dairy Concert Video
I just finished mixing a CD for Pianist and Composer Bob Schlesinger featuring Mike Stern on Guitar and Eddie Gomez on Bass, https://bobschlesingerjazz.com/. I was honored to be given the privilege of producing and mixing a CD with such amazing artists.
Motus Theater in collaboration with Yo Yo Ma – Post Production supervisor, editor and mixer for short Film
Naropa University and the Authentic Leadership Program – Producer, editor, mixer for Multiple videos and media content
Media and Technology Guest lecturer at Multiple Universities
Luke Comer Owner of Arise Music Festival – Producer and consultant multiple projects
AEG Presents – Producer, editor, composer, sound designer and mixer multiple Documentary short films
Producing a Monthly Jazz Concert series featuring the top Jazz musicians of Colorado. Jazz at The Wesley. Featuring local artists like Hazel Miller and Robert Johnson. Every month features a different artist and a different theme to explore. Jazz at The Wesley
A few local efforts and projects;
- Producer and Mixer “Different Results” CD for Pianist Bob Schlesinger featuring: Eddie Gomez – Bass, Mike Stern – Guitar and Billy Drummond – Drums
- Producer and Mixer Christian Teele musician Documentary
- Producer and Mixer Cass Clayton Band Promotional Video
- Producer Mark Oblinger Music Video “No Regrets”
- Producer Mark Oblinger Live Concert at The Dairy center
- Colorado Music Hall of Fame – Jazzmasters Documentary Featuring: Ron Miles, Charlie Burrell, Diane Reeves and Earth, Wind&Fire
- KBCO 97.3 – Documentary for their Hall of Fame Induction
- AEG Live – Chuck Morris Biography Documentary
- Boulder County Arts Alliance
- Jazz at the Wesley
- Mediators Foundation
- Motus Theater
- Wesley Chapel
- The Laughing Goat
- McClostone Amplifiers
- SoDown Bass Music
- Colorado University of Boulder
- Naropa University
- Arise Music Festival
- Dream Warrior Management
- Shine Restaurant & Potion Bar
- Caffè Sole
- Relix Magazine
- Emily King
- Hazel Miller
- Burning Man Arts Summit 2018
- Syndicate Studios
- Arts Martin Acres
- FOCO Ft. Collins
- Punch Drunk Press
- Jarrow Montessori School
- Boulder International Fringe Festival
- Boulder County Office of Arts & Culture
- Boulder Arts Week
- Band of Toughs
- Students for Education Reform
Past Clients: National, International and Local:
- Post Supervisor ADR for Harry Potter DVD’s 1 and 2 in 23 languages
- Immersion Haptic Design for:
- 14 short films for the Cannes Film Festival 2017
- Luke Cage
- Ford F150
- Cannes Film Festival
- NHK Tokyo – Television and Post production Consultant
- Fox Family Channel – Lead Mixer On-Air Promos
- Nickelodeon – Sound design and Mixing
- Michael jackson – Music programmer Dangerous Tour
- Sting – Synclavier Programmer
- Ted Turner – Sound design for feature Film Gettysburg
- Entertainment Tonight – Sound design and Mixer
- Amblin – Sound design
- ABC TV
- Burning Man, Arts Summit Talks
- Warner Bros. DVD Post production supervideo and ADR, Sound design: Batman returns
If you need more information or wish to discuss your project, please contact me for a free consultation!
For rates and more information please email me:
johnmarchaudio at gmail dot com
Skills and technical services:
AV Media and Technology Consultant
Protools and Multiple DAW’s
Finalcut Pro and Protools expert
Mixing for any delivery Platform
Video editing, and color correction
Virtual reality and Augmented Reality workflow and production design
Haptics editorial and design for National and international Mobile Media Campaigns
Sound design for all media forms
Live sound Mixing
Producing, editing and mixing multiple short films for Naropa University: Spark Talks educational series and Naropa Windhorse awards.
Martin acres Non-profit short film
Producer and Media consultant for Naropa University eNaropa online education initiative and the Authentic Leadership Program. Developing curriculum, editing and producing media content, Audio and Video, for online education environment.
Producer and consultant for Luke Comer, (Arise Music Festival owner), re-mixing the album The Portal, beginning pre-production for the theater version, developing audio and video components
Producer and media consultant with ALOC media, producing content for local business and artists in Boulder CO. Links to recent projects in collaboration with ALOC here.
Guest Lecturer at Denver University – For Music & Entertainment Industry Studies at University of Colorado Denver, to teach MA Post production 2nd year students
AV Technical consultant at NIST, (National Institute of Standards and Technology) in Boulder
Post Production Supervisor and consultant for ABC TV and Finish Line Post in LA
AV consultant and technical Operator for The Stewart Museum and event center in Longmont
ALOC Media reel of clips from Videos I produced and Mixed: